Sunday, 27 January 2013

Blood Angels Death Company Stormraven Gunship - Finished pics

I've had two of these beastly flying tanks sitting in my collection for quite a long time and in a rare leap of logic, I decided that while working on the very black Ravenwing it made sense to paint a very black Death Company Stormraven.


I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It's certainly a fairly imposing sight, a fairly large kit and I do worry that it will topple off that flying stand at some point and crush whatever unfortunate minis are placed below!

All of this excitement painting flyers is making me pine for a Thunderhawk kit to play with... but a plastic Thunderhawk please, resin seems like way too much work. I can't even imagine the psychosis required to build one of those things when it was made in metal.

Anyhow, there's not too many interesting things to say about the Stormraven as it's mostly done with the same techniques as on the Ravenwing. It has all the different turret and nose weapon options for versatility.

I'll be painting the other Stormraven in the tradition Blood Angels colours. I may get going on it tomorrow.

You can vote for this one at CMoN.










No comments:

Post a Comment