Saturday, 5 January 2013

Dark Angels Incoming!

Oops, I seem to have spent £260 on Dark Angels...

In my defence, I did get them at 20% off through Element Games, so really it's like I've made money... that's how it works right?

Anyway, Dark Angels were the first army I ever painted for 40k and I'm still quite fond of them, despite their background and 'dark secret' leaving them open to a lot of mickey taking. So, I'm quite excited about painting these despite black and cream being two of my least favourite colours to apply. Staying in a positive mindset and seeing these as an interesting challenge rather than a burden for now, hoping I won't change my mind when I get started next weekend!

I'm not much of a 40k gamer these days, so I haven't ordered a codex for myself. I may get that later on, but £30 (or even £24 with discount) is a lot to pay for a book I'm probably only going to flick through a few times. I feel I've made up for that money saving with the 10 Deathwing Terminators, 6 Ravenwing bikes, 2 characters, 2 zippy fliers and 2 flying shoe boxes. I'm waiting to be pleasantly suprised by the Vengeance though, perhaps it will be more appealing once I get it in my hands.

Anyway, if you haven't already checked them out, all the Dark Angels can be seen on the GW site now with tons of different views. The Deathwing are especially spiffy!

Not only did I save 20%, I also earned 26 Element Crystals. CRYSTALS!!! This is the best investment ever. :D

3 comments:

  1. I want Element Crystals...
    Sad Geordie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Going to go for a standard sort of colour scheme, but more battle worn and grimy than the standard 'Eavy Metal jobs.

      Delete